Midwest Housing Equity Group employs professionals who are passionate, skilled and knowledgeable about the affordable housing industry. A job at MHEG is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to change lives for a better tomorrow. We value our employees and offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits packages to reflect that appreciation.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and monitor real estate portfolio of approximately 35 - 45 projects from lease-up throughout the 15 year compliance period.
- Conduct annual project site visits (internal and external inspection).
- Identify and follow-up on problems with projects and work with general partners to help resolve issues.
- Provide training in accounting, as needed, to partners and managers.
- Track reserve levels and prepare and review requests for release of replacement and operating reserves.
- Assist the CFO & DOAM with annual audit of lower/upper tier investments.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly investor reports.
- Work with Asset Stabilization Manager on problem project resolution.
- Obtain, review and input annual operating budgets of portfolio.
- Input (Excel) and analyze (i.e.; budget comparison and watch list criteria) monthly financial reports of real estate portfolio. Assist property manager in developing ways to maximize income and control expenditures.
- Assist partners/managers with rental analysis taking into account all sources of funding and their respective guidelines.
- Track compliance with insurance and real estate taxes.
- Monitor real estate taxes; direct appeals where warranted. If requested, assists with appeals process.
- Provide assistance with data input on data base regarding relevant fund and property information on quarterly basis to expedite investor reporting.
- Gather information as needed on investor requests.
The above job description can be changed at any time.×
To be considered for any position, you must email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
MHEG job application (Download Here)