Midwest Housing Equity Group employs professionals who are passionate, skilled and knowledgeable about the affordable housing industry. A job at MHEG is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to change lives for a better tomorrow. We value our employees and offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits packages to reflect that appreciation.
Asset Manager - Omaha, NE
SUMMARY OF POSSIBLE DUTIES
Job Purpose: The Asset Manager will oversee a portfolio of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit projects through financial review, site visits and problem resolution/workouts as needed. This position requires a working knowledge of real estate and accounting.
- Manage and monitor real estate portfolio of approximately 35 - 45 projects from lease-up throughout the 15 year compliance period.
- Conduct annual project site visits (internal and external inspection).
- Identify and follow-up on problems with projects and work with general partners to help resolve issues.
- Provide training in accounting, as needed, to partners and managers.
- Track reserve levels and prepare and review requests for release of replacement and operating reserves.
- Assist the CFO & DOAM with annual audit of lower/upper tier investments.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly investor reports.
- Work with Asset Stabilization Manager on problem project resolution.
- Obtain, review and input annual operating budgets of portfolio.
- Input (Excel) and analyze (i.e.; budget comparison and watch list criteria) monthly financial reports of real estate portfolio. Assist property manager in developing ways to maximize income and control expenditures.
- Assist partners/managers with rental analysis taking into account all sources of funding and their respective guidelines.
- Track compliance with insurance and real estate taxes.
- Monitor real estate taxes; direct appeals where warranted. If requested, assists with appeals process.
- Provide assistance with data input on data base regarding relevant fund and property information on quarterly basis to expedite investor reporting.
- Gather information as needed on investor requests.
- One-three years prior experience in accounting, housing, real estate, finance and/or property management required
- BS or BA in accounting, finance or related field required
- Knowledge of real estate terminology and concepts required; basic knowledge of LIHTC and strong financial analysis skill is preferred
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook is required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines
- Must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, solve problems and possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Incumbent is expected to demonstrate strong ethics in interpersonal relations and work as an effective, collaborative team member
The above job description can be changed at any time.×
To be considered for any position, you must email the following items to email@example.com
MHEG job application (Download Here)
To be considered for an internship, you must email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
Intern application (Download Here)